Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there a way to manually choose the colors for a single value visualization without relying on a range to do it via xml tags only?

pepper_seattle
Path Finder

Issue
I have three single value panels at the top of my dashboard that I want to have color coded values or backgrounds for, but I want to pick the color of each one and have it stay that color. Using a range won't guarantee that my colors stay as I chose them as the values shift over time.

Question
Is there a way to manually choose the colors for a single value visualization without relying on a range to do it via xml tags only?

I cannot create a custom css file to pull from so anything outside of tags in the dashboard xml is a no go.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi pepper_seattle,
you have to choose the same color for every range you have (at least 2), in this way you have always the fixes one.
Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi pepper_seattle,
you have to choose the same color for every range you have (at least 2), in this way you have always the fixes one.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

If you want to set the foreground or background color for a dashboard panel, you can. For example, in a chart you can do this in the XML:

<panel>
  <chart>
    <option name="charting.backgroundColor">0xFF9900</option>
  <chart>
</panel>

This should set the chart background color to orange. Here is the page in the Dashboards and Visualization manual: Chart configuration reference.

0 Karma

pepper_seattle
Path Finder

This doesn't work with single value visualizations unfortunately. I'm using v.6.5.0 if that helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...