Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there a way to link multiple dashboards from an existing dashboard?

Kumar1980

HI ,

I was able to create and link two dashboards with your assistance earlier and that was really helpful!

Currently i have a new requirement and need some assistance

Current setup :
Dashboard1 has a column chart with n number of servers. Once i click on any of them, it leads me to Dashboard2 which has a column representation of various/specific logs from all the servers belonging to the same pool. Selecting the required log leads me to the search page.

Now here is the new requirement :
From Dashboard1, if i click on a server from n servers, i need to be redirected to another dashboard which has logs related to that specific server only (i can create the dashboard, that should not be a problem).

Clicking on the specific log should take me to the search page with results.

My Question :

Is there any way we can link multiple dashboards from Dashboard1 ? (one dashboard (Dashboard1) linked to multiple dashboards for every individual server)

The number of servers in Dashboard is > 15 and wanted to know if this is a feasible request. If Yes, how do i achieve it?

I have tried creating a dashboard (Dashboard2) with multiple panels representing the servers, however it was ruled out.

Please suggest

-Praneeth

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Kumar1980,
I'm not sure to have correctly understand your questions:

• You have a dashboard with many servers,
  • clicking on one of them you drilldown in another different dashboard with all the events of that server, correct?
  • then clicking on one log of the second dashboard you want to open the search dashboard with the search parameters chosen with the click, correct?

if these are your need you have to configure the first drilldown as you already know and the second one using the "search" dashboard, something like this

<drilldown>
   <link>
       <![CDATA[search?tag1=$row.host&TimeDa=$Time.earliest$&TimeA=$Time.latest$]]>
    </link>
</drilldown>

Note: I inserted in the url parameters also the time period to have the same one also in the drilldown dashboard

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...