Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it possible to set specific user permissions to read only for dashboards and reports?

reneedeleon
Engager

I have generated several dashboards in our environment and I only need specific user to have access to each dashboards. Is it plausible to create a specific user list to access their specific dashboard utilizing their user ID?

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello there,

i think its better to create a role, assign the user to particular role, configure permission on the dashboards to read only for this role

hope it helps

niketn
Legend

@reneedeleon, check out @SloshBurch 's .conf 2017 Session on Blueprints for onboarding Teams

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's better practice, and it will avoid the issue where your particular user leaves the company and no one can thereafter look at that dash. This way, you just add the same role to their replacement.

0 Karma

reneedeleon
Engager

That works but, since we just have user, poweruser and admin roles. I just have sensitive data on each dashboard that I don't want all the personnel in the user group to be able to see, just a specified few. Or would it be easier to just send a link to all the specified users?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's that he was talking about. Splunk does not have data controls other than at the role level, so if you send a link, and if your user forwards the link, then whoever receives the link will see the same data.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...