Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it possible to sent the default permission for any dashboard create within a custom to app instead of private?

djreschke
Communicator

I have a custom app built for a team and I want them to be able to create dashboards that is shared by default with the app instead of private. Here is the role capability for the users, they were created to be very basic as majority of the users barely understand Splunk.

User capapbilities:

export_results_is_visible
get_metadata
get_typeahead
pattern_detect
rest_apps_view
rest_properties_get
rest_properties_set
search

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Everyone.

0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not possible. When a user creates a new dashboard by default its permissions set to Private. It's user job to configure permissions for the dashboard to share the dashboard in the current app context.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not possible. When a user creates a new dashboard by default its permissions set to Private. It's user job to configure permissions for the dashboard to share the dashboard in the current app context.

0 Karma

djreschke
Communicator

@manjunathmeti

That is what i figured but it doesn't hurt to ask. Based on the capabilities I have given the user, they can't change the permission of the dashboard they create and you can view their dashboard if it is private with going into the users folder.

Any suggestions for what capabilities they need?

Thank you,

Derek

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need to give write permissions to the users role in app metadata. Create default.meta in yourapp/metadata/ and add below content.

[views]
access = read : [  ], write : [ admin, <role_name>]

Check this for more info: https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/createapps/setpermissionsforobjects/#Set-permissi...

0 Karma

djreschke
Communicator

@manjunathmeti _ Thank you for the information an your help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...