Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it possible to have conditional coloring in a radial gauge?

valentinv
Explorer

Hi

Is it possible conditional coloring in radial gauge?
I have a query with thresholds (0, 75, 100) and I want to display colors in gauge like this:

0 = blue
0 - 74 = dark red
75 - 100 = red

If the value is let say 71 I want the gauge to display two colors:

0 - 71 = dark red
72 - 100 = blue

Also, is it possible to configure dynamic threshold in radial gauge? I mean to take them from a csv file where I have distinct column for every threshold?

Thanks.

0 Karma

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi valentinv,

I'm afraid the answer is No. I don't think it's possible or recommended to configure two sets of color ranges in one radial gauge and dynamically switch between them based on the value. Even you could do so, it would not be good, consistent visualization practice and may lead to confusion.

Hope it helps. Thanks!
Hunter Shen

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Let me answer the easier question first, you cannot use two colors for a value 🙂

Now, for the second question. It is possible to configure dynamic threshold in radial gauge, but I am not sure I understand what's in your csv and how that relates to thresholds. Can you share sample data from your csv?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...