Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it possible to change the navigation bar in Splunk Web to display a drop-down menu on mouse hover instead of on-click?

TheProudDevil

Hi,

Could you please guide me how we can make the changes in nav bar so that on mouse hover, it will display a drop-down instead of having to click?

For example, I have set it up my default.xml with collection with the label as Dashboard and I have kept all dashboards inside that. So when I click on Dashboard menu on Nav App, its will display all Dashboards. But, here I want to display on Mouse hover. Is this possible on Splunk 6.* ?

0 Karma

rfujara_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi TheProudDevil,

Initially misunderstood your question. Here is my answer.

It's not possible to change the mouse hover behaviour, with with the standard/build-in Splunk features.

However, you can write a JavaScript file that changes the mouse hover behaviour and reference the script using the "script" attribute of "dashboard" xml tag:

<dashboard script="myJavaScript.js">

Have a look at the following doc pages:

Unfortunately creating such a script requires JavaScript skills.

Hope that helps!

0 Karma

rfujara_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

May you capture a screenshot which explains exactly where you click? And also a screenshot showing how the result looks like?

0 Karma

TheProudDevil

Its saying I need to have more Karma Point to attach my screenshot.
I am trying to explain here.

As we login to any App on Splunk, we saw the Menu bar with ... Search Pivot Alerts Report Dashboard... What I did, like in default.xml I have added multiple views under dashboard level with collection so, Dashboard is now act for this app as dropdown on Click. At this point, I need this click to be as Mouse hover on Splunk App so that as soon as I put my mouse pointer on Dashboard it should display me all views and same under dropdown as well.

Please let me know, if you need more information.

--Thank you.

0 Karma

rfujara_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

May you provide the content of default.xml?

0 Karma

TheProudDevil

Hi, Here is the default.xml.

nav starts .....

collection label="Dashboards" ....

<view name="CPU_Usage" />
 <divider />
 <view name="Memory_Usage" />
 <divider />
 <view name="Network_Usage" />

collection closing tag
nav Closing tag...

FYI, this is not allowing me completely add default.xml so

After setting this up, when I go to my App and click on "Dashboards" Navigation menu it display all three dashboards respectively. Here I need this to be display on mouse hover instead of click. 🙂

Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...