Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it more efficient to search in the main index with data from the summary index?

vijaykumartcs
Explorer

i have created a dashboard with 6 panel's, with last 7days time frame (from today) for transaction's count between the A-b, B-c, C-D applications, daily more than 1lakh + transactions are flowing, no i want to use summary index for improving the performance.

As summary index run's fast searches, My requirement is, i want to use the regular index for capturing today's data and for last 6 days it should capture the data from summary index.

Please help me with the queries and commands which i can use.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi @vijaykumartcs,

You can use append command in your splunk query so your query will be index=<index name> earliest=@d latest=now .... your search..... | append [ search index=<summary index> earliest=-7d@d latest=@d ..... your search ..... ]

You can change earlist and latest value based on your requirement.

Thanks,
Harshil

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...