Dashboards & Visualizations

Is is possible to integrate a d3.js chart with simple xml using the html and script tags in the form and panel elements of simple xml

rutvik141187

Basically I have a number of dashboards developed in simple xml. I want to add custom d3.js visualizations to these dashboards for some of the panels.
I do not want to convert the page to an HTML page as that would make it harder to use. While django bindings is an option, I want to know if its possible to add custom HTML and JS to simple xml to create d3 visualizations.
Something like this:

<form script='xyz.js'> 
<row>
<panel>
     <html>
                  ## add custom html code ## and render it though custom JS ##
     </html>
</panel>
</row>
</form>

I have seen that many html tags do not work this way and there is limited functionality available. Was hoping some one could point to a working example if its possible to implement.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

yes, it is possible. You can see the D3 chart overlay example in the splunk 6.x dashboard examples app.

SGF
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...