Dashboards & Visualizations

Is a pie of pie chart possible?

mrhodes93
Explorer

I have two separate queries that I am presenting as unique pie charts on a dashboard, the second being a further breakdown of one of the categories of the first search. 

Is it possible, as in Excel, to have a pie of pie chart where the further breakdown of one category is present within the same chart, or do they have to be two independent charts as I'm doing currently? 

No code sample to demonstrate as I have no idea of the feasibility.  

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @mrhodes93,

You can enable drilldown on the pie-chart in such a way that on clicking on the pie, a new panel with the details of the selected pie becomes visible. You'll need two different pie charts in order to achieve this, but the second one will only be visible once you click on the pie of the primary pie chart.

More information related to this can be found here:

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated

View solution in original post

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @mrhodes93,

You can enable drilldown on the pie-chart in such a way that on clicking on the pie, a new panel with the details of the selected pie becomes visible. You'll need two different pie charts in order to achieve this, but the second one will only be visible once you click on the pie of the primary pie chart.

More information related to this can be found here:

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...