Dashboards & Visualizations

Trouble with Integration with Nessus Professional

nspires
Engager

Hi,

I am trying to pull logs from Nessus Professional installed on ec2 instance into Splunk. I installed Tenable Add-on for Splunk and Tenable App for Splunk. I am trying to configure Account within Tenable Add-on for Splunk. I am using Splunk 7.3.5. In the Add Account form, I see Tenable.io, Tenable.sc credentials, and Tenable.sc certificate inTenable Account Type drop down list. I chose Tenable.sc credentials based on some documentation found online. Is it correct selection? Also, within Address, I chose ip address of Nessus Professional in the format of 10.20.30.40 format. I did not mention any port such as 8834. I unselected 'Verify SSL Support' checkbox. I provided the username and password of service account created with Nessus Professional. There is no proxy. So I unchecked 'Proxy Enable' checkbox. When I saved, I am getting exception to check IP Address, Username and Password. I tried Tenable.io Account Type, just for curiosity, even though it is incorrect. I provided the access key ID and Secret Access Key for the user created in Nessus Professional within 'Add Account' form for Tenable.io Type. I am still getting same exception. Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong. What all ports do I need to open for communication between my machine with Splunk browser and Nessus Professional machine? Also, what prirvileges should the Nessus Professional user need to have? Also, is there a better way to feed Nessus Professional logs into Splunk?

Thanks a lot for your help

Labels (1)

yansman

Good day.

Have you found an option to upload Nessus reports to Splunk?

If yes, please share information.

Thank you!

0 Karma

NWC
Engager

Hi @nspires.  I'm attempting to do the same thing.  Did you have any luck with

Nessus Pro?  I've done it successfully with Tenable.io for a client but now need to get Pro working.

Mlac
Engager

It is 2023 and I have not find a way  to integrate  Splunk with  Nessus professional  10.
Anyone knows how to do it ?

Splunk Add-on for Tenable  was  withdrawer  in 2019 from Splunk base  by Tenable,  so we can not  use it anymore.

--

Mladen 

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Tenable for last few years has been pushing more and more forcefully for users to use .sc or .io by removing functionality from the Nessus Pro scanner. And API is the main victim here. So I wouldn't count on getting a quick and easy solution for this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...