Dashboards & Visualizations

Integrate Splunk SDK for JavaScript With a Vue.js Project

krunoslav
Engager

Hi everyone,

I recently started a project in JavaScript with Vue.js framework. It's a simple setup with three components and a router. I'm trying to use the Splunk JavaScript SDK with the Vue.js project, but it's not working. It worked from a simple HTML where the JavaScript was directly embedding, but the Vue.js framework doesn't allow me to do to so. I managed to install the SDK in the project as a dependency and it's visible in the node_modules list, but when I try to include it in a component, everything breaks. Can someone share some good practise for using the SDK with Vue.js or a similar framework? Thanks.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@krunoslav if your intent is to play around with Vue.js or ReactUI framework, you should be trying your hands on the new dashboard framework (Most of it is Cloud native though). Only Splunk Dashboard Beta is available with Enterprise but does not allow extensions.)

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/reintroducing-splunk-dashboards.html

krunoslav
Engager

@niketnilay Thanks for suggestion, I will look at it, but it's beta and I need something stable. Moreover, I don't think it will help a lot here. So, I'm afraid I still need help with integration of external libraries from Splunk in a Vue project.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Like I said for Cloud Native application you can check out Splunk Cloud Services.

Dashboard Beta will anyways not support extensions!

krunoslav
Engager

Thanks, but at the moment data has to stay at the client's premises.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...