Dashboards & Visualizations

Include link to another dashboard

tachu
Explorer

I created an advanced xml dashboard that groups up a bunch of single values in generic headers, I would like to include a link in that group to a dashboard that has charts and graphs of the single values. I cant find in the modules what would be the right thing to use to include a link to a dashboard that i saved already ie: en-US/app/search/myotherdashboard

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

You can simply use the StaticContentSample and insert a HTML fragment that includes a link to another dashboard:

<module name="StaticContentSample">
    <param name="text"><![CDATA[ 
        <a href="myotherdashboard">Link to my other dashboard</a>
    ]]></param>
</module>

You can use relative links (like in the example above) to link to a view within the same app, or server-relative (eg. <a href="/app/search/myotherdashboard">...</a>), which allows to link to views in other apps as well.

tachu
Explorer

Thanks, seems so obvious!

0 Karma

Rukmani_Splunk
Path Finder

Hi
I am new to splunk XML coding,

When i use this code it shows the following error

XML Syntax Error: Cannot find object mapper for panel type: module

Please help. I am using Splunk 6.4.1

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...