Dashboards & Visualizations

In the new Dashboard Studio, How do I use the single value result from two different visualizations or panels in another

cindygibbs_08
Communicator

Hello People I hope you have a great day, I was wondering if it was possible use the single value result number from two different single panels in the new dashboard studio to calculate a number for another panel. 

{
	"visualizations": {
		"viz_1whRYHqR": {
			"type": "splunk.singlevalue",
			"options": {},
			"dataSources": {
				"primary": "ds_CkQhZEL4"
			}
		},
		"viz_CjroGwDf": {
			"type": "splunk.singlevalue",
			"options": {},
				"primary": "ds_92ZZLR3E"
			}
		}
	},
		"ds_92ZZLR3E": {
			"type": "ds.search",
			"options": {
				"query": "| index=\"A\"\n| search B=*\n|  stats dc(B) as OK"
			},
			"name": "Search_1"
		},
		"ds_CkQhZEL4": {
			"type": "ds.search",
			"options": {
				"query": "| index=\"o\"\n| search z=*\n|  stats dc(z) as FAIL"
			},
			"name": "Search_2"

I have used a super simple search query as an example but they are actually a lot more complex and the faster way to obtain the result from my third panel will be to sum the results from the two previous ones I would be so thankful if you guys could help me out with this.  I know I have to use some tokens but I have been trying to look for info on it in splunk but I cant seem to find a wa, thank you so much guys,

Kindly Cindy

Labels (1)
0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @cindygibbs_08 - Do I understand correctly that you want to use the results from these two single values and pass them into another search/visualization? If so, that is not yet supported in Studio, but it's on the roadmap! 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...