Dashboards & Visualizations

How to remove the search and export options in the new Dashboard Studio?

thomas_art
Path Finder

I was wondering if it was possible removing the view mode visualization menu?

In the docs it only describes it.

Docs: https://community.splunk.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/splunk-dashboards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for clarifying! The ability to hide the Open in Search button will be available in the next cloud release. I will add the request to hide the export options to our backlog! You can also request features on ideas.splunk.com!

View solution in original post

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, it sounds like you're looking to remove the "Open in Search" button on panels, and the Export to PDF/PNG, is that right? 

0 Karma

thomas_art
Path Finder

Yes.

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for clarifying! The ability to hide the Open in Search button will be available in the next cloud release. I will add the request to hide the export options to our backlog! You can also request features on ideas.splunk.com!

thomas_art
Path Finder

Hello @elizabethl_splu ,

Any news about this topic? Working on enterprise I keep seeing there is no way to disable the exporting options.

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello @thomas_art , the ability to hide "Open in Search" was released in Splunk Cloud 8.2.2106 and the ability to Hide Export buttons will be released in Splunk Cloud 8.2.2201. Both of these will be available in the next Splunk Enterprise on-prem release 

0 Karma

thomas_art
Path Finder

Thanks for your answer @elizabethl_splu .

Do you have the dates for the release?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas.

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @thomas_art, unfortunately we don't share exact dates, but I would say to keep your eyes peeled for announcements around .conf22, which is in June.

Harry_Yu
Engager

Hi @elizabethl_splu, I assume this feature has been released already. Do you have any docs for it or if possible could you provide a walkthrough how to disable "Open in Search" option?

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @Harry_Yu - you can find the documentation here https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/9.0.2303/DashStudio/setUpDashboard#Apply_view-only... 

And here is where you find the view options in the UI:

elizabethl_splu_0-1687374105463.png

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...