Dashboards & Visualizations

In a visualization that returns successful job statues, can you help me with an issue I'm having with single value coloring?

Akumar294
Path Finder

Hello Folks,

I have a search query which collects the count of successful status of jobs. Success will always equal "one" since i have used transaction command. If the count is "one" , it will fill the box with the color green. If the count is 0, it will fill the box with the color red.

I have had no problem until this recent time. Also i have used <option name="unit">teeChat</option> to fill the box with string of my choice.

The problem is, the search is appending the count of the value next to "teechat". For e.g. , if it is a success, my visualization is coming as teechat1(of course filled with green color), but i just want "teechat and not the value.

<dashboard>
  <label>Job_Status_Dashboard</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <single>
        <search>
          <query>index="xcenter" sourcetype="agent" PMS_01_unzip_rename|rex field=_raw "\.(?<Job_Number>\d\d\d\d\d\d\d)\."| transaction Job_Number|search teechat|search "Completed Message Sent"|stats count</query>
          <earliest>0</earliest>
          <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
        </search>
        <option name="colorBy">value</option>
        <option name="colorMode">block</option>
        <option name="drilldown">all</option>
        <option name="height">75</option>
        <option name="numberPrecision">0</option>
        <option name="rangeColors">["0x00cc00","0x6db7c6"]</option>
        <option name="rangeValues">[0,5]</option>
        <option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
        <option name="showSparkline">1</option>
        <option name="showTrendIndicator">0</option>
        <option name="trendColorInterpretation">inverse</option>
        <option name="trendDisplayMode">absolute</option>
        <option name="trendInterval">-1h</option>
        <option name="underLabel">PMS_01_UNZIP_RENAME</option>
        <option name="unit">teeChat</option>
        <option name="unitPosition">before</option>
        <option name="useColors">1</option>
        <option name="useThousandSeparators">0</option>
      </single>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma
1 Solution

nswondem
Path Finder

The following lines tell Splunk that you would like to use teechat as the unit and to place the unit before the value:

So it appears that Splunk is doing as asked. You might want to consider using an if statement to set count to "teechat" if count is 1. That way the only value being passed to the visualization is teechat.

| eval count=if(count=1, "teechat","something else") | table count

View solution in original post

nswondem
Path Finder

The following lines tell Splunk that you would like to use teechat as the unit and to place the unit before the value:

So it appears that Splunk is doing as asked. You might want to consider using an if statement to set count to "teechat" if count is 1. That way the only value being passed to the visualization is teechat.

| eval count=if(count=1, "teechat","something else") | table count

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I concur. Furthermore, I do not understand at all what you are trying to change. You have explained what you are doing reasonably well, but not specifying clearly exactly how it needs to change.

0 Karma

Akumar294
Path Finder

@niketnilay
@woodcock

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @akumar294,

Did the answer below solve your problem? If so, please resolve this post by approving it! If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help ya. Thanks for posting!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...