Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I make a conditional title based on a token value in a dashboard panel?

orinciog

Hello!

I have a chart that shows data based on a variable $sourcetype_tok$. The values of the dropdown list are as follows:

1. A list of categories from a query
  2. A static one that has the name all and the value * that should represent all the categories combined

However, the chart's title should depend on the selected category. Until now, I have this:

<title>
    Top 10: $sourcetype_tok$ domains
</title>

If the selected category is A, it works.

However, if I select the value all, the title will be Top 10: * domains and I want it to be customizable. Is there a way I can insert fields such as <title> conditionally? Or can I do something so the title would depend on the value of a token?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Simple. Add a change event to your input like this:

<input type="dropdown" token="sourcetype_tok">
  <...>
  <change>
    <condition value="*">
      <set token="display_domain_names">Unfiltered</set>
    </condition>
    <condition value="*">
      <set token="display_domain_names">$value$</set>
    </condition>
  </change>
</input>

This should make your input set a second token display_domain_names which contains the text "Unfiltered" if the user selects the "all" option or the selected value if another one is selected. Use this token in your title. If label and value are different in the dropdown and label is nicer, you also have $label$ available. Docs here.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Vachel
Explorer

Hi, I would appreciated if any expert could show your experience:

I want my title shows 

ALL Status

when * Status is showed, now I have set a second token as 

<title>$displaykeystorestatus$ Status Overview</title>

if part of type is selected, then should show a certain type

<title>$form.type$ Status Overview</title>

Now either of them can be achieved separately, but I cannot make the title into the conditional one,  could you help to share how to use the < change> and <condition> to combine these two scenarios? Many thanks.

0 Karma

Vachel
Explorer

Same question, just wonder how do you insert the <change>

Bec I also want to change the title based on the token condition, but <title> is not <input>, I do not find the correction to insert the <change> code

My goal is also to replace the * with ALL, thanks for support!

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Simple. Add a change event to your input like this:

<input type="dropdown" token="sourcetype_tok">
  <...>
  <change>
    <condition value="*">
      <set token="display_domain_names">Unfiltered</set>
    </condition>
    <condition value="*">
      <set token="display_domain_names">$value$</set>
    </condition>
  </change>
</input>

This should make your input set a second token display_domain_names which contains the text "Unfiltered" if the user selects the "all" option or the selected value if another one is selected. Use this token in your title. If label and value are different in the dropdown and label is nicer, you also have $label$ available. Docs here.

0 Karma

orinciog

Exactly what I needed!
Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...