Dashboards & Visualizations

In a chart how to stop the grey out behaviour of bars

rijinc
Explorer

rijinc_0-1596116766117.png

Hi, 
I am looking for a property in CSS or Javascript or any tweaks directly in splunk , to stop the greying out of other bars when the mouse is hovered on each bars.

It should not grey out, is there any property in splunk to stop this 

I checked many blogs and other CSS but dint find any help . Can someone share some inputs if this is possible or not?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

rijinc
Explorer

@niketn @woodcock 
Hello sir , request you to provide some inputs if anything here.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@rijin Are you applying charting.fieldColors or charting.seriesColors for this panel?

Ideally you should request for an enhancement to enable or disable greying out of series which is not in focus. You can use ideas.splunk.com portal for the same.

If you are not using charting.fieldColors, this may be a round about way using CSS and JS combination to override colors from charting.seriesColors (may not work as well). Even if it works it will be too much of a workaround. You would be better off creating your own Custom Chart viz using Highcharts.

One other possibility would be to disable hovering over the chart, but you may loose interaction like tooltip.

rijinc
Explorer

@niketn  Yes i have applied charting.fieldColors for the bars .
Disabling the hover you are right tooltip needs to be there , hence that option i dropped out.

If there is no option, i think as you said will have to check in ideas.splunk

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...