Dashboards & Visualizations

In-Page Drilldown with Perma-linking in splunk 6.0

hiteshkanchan
Communicator

I am trying to execute the example of "In-Page Drilldown with Perma-linking" in splunk 6.0,
"index=_internal | stats count by sourcetype"

When I click on any sourcetype it doesn’t reflect anything in Detail but when I type specifically in the sourcetype section,it gives the output for the query in Detail
index=_internal sourcetype=$sourcetype$ | timechart count

do i need to put the scripts inpage_drilldown_form.css and inpage_drilldown_form.js need to be in any specific folder.
I have it currently in /etc/apps/search/appserver/static. But the example drilldown that I try doesn’t seem to work.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

axl88
Communicator

erase import in your xml code and

rename those two files as dashboard.js and dashboard.css.

it worked for me couple weeks ago. I think reason behind, it is not working as it was in "Splunk 6 Dashboard Examples" is caused by Splunk Versions. By being not sure, this thing comes with Splunk 6 that script files that you modify in app folder, overrides actual css / js that splunk uses.

0 Karma

nfilippi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Converting those js/css files to dashboard.js and dashboard.css will result in those files being loaded on every Simple XML dashboard. Not sure that that is what you want here.

As of Splunk 6, Simple XML now supports both app-level as well as page-level customizations via JS/CSS.
- App-level: All Simple XML dashboards will load dashboard.js and dashboard.css if these files exist within your appserver/static/ directory
- Page-level: You have the option load custom js/css for that specific page by explicitly including it in your top-level xml element.

0 Karma

nfilippi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After copying those files into place, did you restart splunk?

Have you verified that these scripts are being loaded with the page (using the browser inspector)? In Chrome, you can:

• Right-click anywhere on the page, select "Inspect Element"
  • Go to the "Resources" tab
  • Expand the Frames menu to find all of the Scripts and Stylesheet objects being loaded

You can also verify whether this file is available:
http://:/static/app/search/inpage_drilldown_form.js

0 Karma

hiteshkanchan
Communicator

Thanks nfilippi. The restarting of splunk has done the trick. It works for other fields but if I use source instead of sourcetype like "index=_internal | stats count by source", the source are getting listed as source="C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\log\splunk\first_install.log" but the drilldown seems to be blank with "No results found". Do you think any additional setting is required for windows source.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...