Dashboards & Visualizations

I want to pass a time value with workflow action and calculate a range in the dashboard.

andygerber
Path Finder

I am trying to pass a time value using a workflow action, and then use init in the dashboard to create a new time range for the search. What happens is the URL is re-written as the dashboard runs with values for my time picker that are wrong.

In the URL, I pass a value "base_time" which is the ending time of the event I'm interested in. I want the dashboard to run its searches 24 hours prior to the base and 4 hours after. So I init the values of the time picker, which is token=field2 as well as make some easy to read versions of tthe time.

<form>
  <init>
    <eval token="form.field2.earliest">$base_time$ - 86400</eval>
    <eval token="form.field2.latest">$base_time$ + 14400</eval>
    <eval token="base_time_str">strftime($base_time$, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")</eval>
    <eval token="earliest_str">strftime($form.field2.earliest$, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")</eval>
    <eval token="latest_str">strftime($form.field2.latest$, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")</eval>
 </init>

Later in the dashboard is the time picker:

<input type="time" token="field2">
      <label></label>
  <default>
        <earliest>$form.field2.earliest$</earliest>
        <latest>$form.field2.latest$</latest>
      </default>
    </input>

It doesn't work; what seems to happen is the URL gets re-written with the variable names, not the actual time values.

If this is important, it's being called from a Enterprise Security notable event.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...