Dashboards & Visualizations

I want to drive the display values of a dropdown from a token

robertlynch2020
Motivator

Hi

I have the following drop-down. It works just fine.

How do i get "Context Source Search": to update to the value of the token (RequestDocument3) if i set the token outside the dropbox?

<input type="dropdown" token="MXTIMING_Context_token" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label>Context Source Search:</label>
        <choice value="*">All</choice>
        <search>
          <!--query>eventtype=mlc sourcetype="MX_TIMING" host=$host_token$ | search name = "$MXTIMING_Context_token$" | stats count by Command | fields - count</query-->
          <query>| tstats summariesonly=true count(MXTIMING.Elapsed) AS count FROM datamodel=MXTIMING WHERE ( host=$host_token$) GROUPBY MXTIMING.Context2 | dedup MXTIMING.Context2 | sort MXTIMING.Context2 | fields - count</query>
          <earliest>$time_selection.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$time_selection.latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <fieldForLabel>MXTIMING.Context</fieldForLabel>
        <fieldForValue>MXTIMING.Context2</fieldForValue>
        <default>*</default>
        <prefix/>
      </input>

Image below of it working.... however i can also set the token from clicking the table, but i cant get the drop down to update.
so RequestDocument3 is what i am looking to display in both examples

alt text

Image below of setting token from table, but drop-down does not update. I have tried a few things but nothing seem to be OK.

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@robertlynch2020... Seems like you are setting token value from Table <drilldown> event as well. Can you put that code here?

Ideally your table drilldown should be setting a token for Dropdown with the a query like the following

<drilldown>
   <set token="MXTIMING_Context_token">$row.Context$</set>
   <set token="form.MXTIMING_Context_token">$row.Context$</set>
</drilldown>

PS: Since we do not have your existing drilldown code for table, please adjust the above two set token commands accordingly.

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@robertlynch2020... Seems like you are setting token value from Table <drilldown> event as well. Can you put that code here?

Ideally your table drilldown should be setting a token for Dropdown with the a query like the following

<drilldown>
   <set token="MXTIMING_Context_token">$row.Context$</set>
   <set token="form.MXTIMING_Context_token">$row.Context$</set>
</drilldown>

PS: Since we do not have your existing drilldown code for table, please adjust the above two set token commands accordingly.

robertlynch2020
Motivator

Cheers, I had the $row.Context$ but i did not have the form part. This was it.

thanks 🙂

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@robertlynch2020 Too many beers for you today!!! Cheers! 🙂

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...