Dashboards & Visualizations

How to visually distinguish dashboard column values?

zacksoft_wf
Contributor

The objective is to display multiple modifications done by the Submitter, And to show number of modifications, respective filenames and hash names.
Example :
Submitter John did 15 modifications,
3 modification to file app.exe
2 modifications to gap.exe
10 modifications to rap.exe.

So the display should show 15 hash files . And my SPL does the job.
The SPL ends with

| stats values(risk_country) AS extreme_risk_country, list(flagged_threat) AS flagged_threat, list(times_submitted) AS times_submitted, list(md5_count) AS unique_md5, list(meaningful_name) AS file_name, list(md5_value) as md5 by submitter_id

I do see the results, but I am unable to easily eye-ball where the hash file of one filename ends and other one begins. especially when there are lots of hashes.  Please check the attachment of the output I am getting. I want to easily see/distinguish where one set of hashes finish for a file and other one starts.

I am looking for suggestions to achieve it in some way to look it visually separate .

Thank you.

zacksoft_wf_0-1654761700517.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This line

| stats sum("attributes.times_submitted") AS times_submitted, dc("attributes.md5") AS md5_count, values("attributes.md5") AS md5_value, values(risk_country) as risk_country, values(flagged_threat) AS flagged_threat by "attributes.meaningful_name", "context_attributes.submitter.id"

has effectively collapsed all the unique md5 values by file name (attributes.meaningful_name).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

My guess is that it is elsewhere in the SPL. For example, how do you calculate md5_count?

0 Karma

zacksoft_wf
Contributor

index="secue" sourcetype="sec:json" attributes.meaningful_name!="" | rename "context_attributes.submitter.country" AS country | eval match_risk="Extreme" | lookup riskyNation.csv country_code AS country, Risk AS match_risk OUTPUTNEW Country AS risk_country | fillnull value=" " risk_country | rename "attributes.popular_threat_classification.popular_threat_name{}.value" AS threat_name | lookup flagged_threats.csv threat_name AS threat_name OUTPUTNEW flagged_threat | fillnull value=" " flagged_threat | stats sum("attributes.times_submitted") AS times_submitted, dc("attributes.md5") AS md5_count, values("attributes.md5") AS md5_value, values(risk_country) as risk_country, values(flagged_threat) AS flagged_threat by "attributes.meaningful_name", "context_attributes.submitter.id" | search md5_count > 1 | rename "context_attributes.submitter.id" AS submitter_id | rename "attributes.meaningful_name" AS meaningful_name | stats values(risk_country) AS extreme_risk_country, list(flagged_threat) AS flagged_threat, list(times_submitted) AS times_submitted, list(md5_count) AS unique_md5, list(meaningful_name) AS file_name, list(md5_value) as md5 by submitter_id

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This line

| stats sum("attributes.times_submitted") AS times_submitted, dc("attributes.md5") AS md5_count, values("attributes.md5") AS md5_value, values(risk_country) as risk_country, values(flagged_threat) AS flagged_threat by "attributes.meaningful_name", "context_attributes.submitter.id"

has effectively collapsed all the unique md5 values by file name (attributes.meaningful_name).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...