Dashboards & Visualizations

How to visualize periodic website health check results in a Splunk dashboard?

rehak_michal
Path Finder

This seems like a very common use case, to simply visualize results of some health checks against some system (like server, website, service, ...) but I can't figure out how to do it in a Splunk dashboard. Here are the details for my use case:

I have multiple health checks (check1, check2, check3, ...) that are run periodically (run1, run2, run3, ...) against a website. Any suggestions how can I create dashboard that shows them in a following straightforward way?

• checks are stacked in a column
  • if check passed its color is green
  • if check failed its color is red

Here is a basic example:

Note, that check's name does not have to be displayed in the column, I put it there just to demonstrate the idea 🙂

alt text

In case splunk can't do this, is there any alternative approach?

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi rehak_michal,

Take a look at this App https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1493/ which will provide a testing script and some dashboards. Beside that and as mentioned by @sundareshr look at the Splunk dashboard examples https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

Hope that helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Take a look at Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples You may get some ideas

0 Karma

rehak_michal
Path Finder

Thanks. Is there any example that matches my description and screenshot? I can't seem to find anything like that. I just need to display column for every check an set its color based on the check's result.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...