Dashboards & Visualizations

How to use custom react visualization in Dashboard Studio?

lohit8846
Engager

Hello,

I am currently using the new splunk JSON & React framework to create dashboards and use custom visualizations. https://splunkui.splunk.com/Packages/dashboard-docs/

However, one big issue I have is that I cannot create dashboards using dashboard studio and include custom visualizations. Only the default splunk visualizations will show up in the toolbar when adding

Is there a way to include custom visualizations in dashboard studio? This would be really useful and make it easier to create & maintain dashboards without needing go into a react app for changes

Also what do these props mean? 

/**
* visualization can be added through the toolbar
*/
CustomViz.includeInToolbar = true;

/**
* can switch to this visualization through the editor viz switcher
*/
CustomViz.includeInVizSwitcher = true;

I did not notice any change of behavior by setting them to true and was not able to do any editing.

Thanks,

Lohit

Labels (2)

shabamichae
Engager

how do you use react js in a splunk dashboard?

0 Karma

gmontero
Loves-to-Learn

You can not use React JS in dashboard studio.

For using React JS at the time of building your dashboards, you should install SPLUNK UI.

I also believe that in Classic Dashboard Editor you won't be able to use customized code. In this option you can customize your dashboards through editing the XML files (they act as CSS).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...