Dashboards & Visualizations

How to upload files to Splunk server to use in dashboard source xml code?

ChasingCode
Engager

Hi there,

I have about 20 dashboards with many common features and code fragments. They are have the same checkboxes, and so on... how can I upload some files to Splunk, so that I can extract these repeated bits of code and store them in a file and just call that file in all the dashboards and only code the unique parts of that dashboard in its source xml code? 

Thanks,

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can create pre-built panels which you can then add to your dashboards.

0 Karma

ChasingCode
Engager

Could you please elaborate on that? just to be clear, I want to save my "fieldset" in a file and just include the path in my XML source, just so the XML source is not a massive file. Is this possible?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's not possible in the way you are describing (afaik)

0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

You should be able to club them in to a app and then export that app with all dashboards. else you will have to check which app the dashboards are in and then export them from backend.

0 Karma

ChasingCode
Engager

Sorry I am not sure if I follow. Is that really required? is there no simple way to upload a file to splunk and simply "call/include" the content of it in the source?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...