Dashboards & Visualizations

How to stop unwanted jobs in jobs manager?

Bhavya-29
Observer

When i open the dashboards, the scripts which is present in dashboard , all are running in job manager .
Expecting the job  should run when i click the drop down. How to resolve this ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I understand you have a dashboard with several searches in it and you would like to prevent all of those search jobs from launching as soon as the dashboard is opened.  Is that correct?

If that is the goal then you can uncheck the "Autorun dashboard" box in the Edit screen.  You will need to add a Submit button the user can click to load the dashboard.  All searches will then run at the same time.

A better solution is to add tokens to the searches.  The searches will not run until the token is given a value.  You can use inputs to assign values to each token or you can use the <done> element to set a token when a search completes.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...