Dashboards & Visualizations

How to stop page from returning to page 1 each time it refreshes

fresned
Path Finder

How to stop page from returning to page 1 each time it refreshes ? Is there a setting that needs to be set to keep the web page from returning to the first page every time it is refreshed? Or is there some other way to stop this behavior.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I assume that by 'refresh' you mean when a new copy of the search is kicked off? For example when you click the green button or when you hit return in a text field?

If so I can't think of much that you could do to stop this behavior, and it'd be tricky to implement without introducing several behaviors in related areas that would irritate other users.

If on the other hand, by "refresh" you mean when the page is regenerating a new results preview for an ongoing search, or when the page is rendering new events for an ongoing search, I can't reproduce this behavior in either case. For me if I go to page 5, and then it regenerates a preview or it renders new events, it stays on page 5.

I certainly believe that what you're seeing is annoying but I think I need more details to reproduce and to understand. And if it's a custom view, feel free to post the whole XML.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Aha, "refresh every minute" says to me that you're using one of the older refresh features rather than real-time search. ie that you have an attribute like refresh="60" in your or tag, or you've followed siegfried's advice and created an AutoRefresh module http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/4263/can-you-refresh-a-single-modulechart-without-refreshing-t.... These methods of refreshing, to the code, are just as though you'd clicked the green button, so no I'm afraid there's no easy way. However you can probably rework the searches to be realtime!

0 Karma

fresned
Path Finder

It is the last case that best describes our issue. We have search that refreshes every min. we have 40 services that show with ten on each page. if we go to page 3 when the page refreshes runs we are sent back to page 1. Is there a value that needs to be set somewhere that forces the screen to stay where it is?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...