Dashboards & Visualizations

How to show single value decorations with reports embedded inside a dashboard?

changux
Builder

Hi.

I want to show single value decorations with a dashboard that is built with saved searches (reports). I checked the examples of the Dashboard examples app, that suggest:

<searchString>| stats count as value | eval value = 550 | rangemap field=value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299 elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none</searchString>

My code is:

<search ref="RPT_search_data_example"></search>

I don't have the searchstring, I have the reference to the saved report.
Also, I modified the base report (RPT_search_data_example) and added the | rangemap ... code but doesn't work. Any suggestion? I knew that change my search tags by searchString is the plan B.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

changux
Builder

Finally, the only option was replace the report on the dashboard to a searchstring.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

changux
Builder

Finally, the only option was replace the report on the dashboard to a searchstring.

Thanks!

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Here's a good thread on single value decorations

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/111390/using-single-value-decorations.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...