Dashboards & Visualizations

How to send the "&" and the "=" character from a token in a link drilldown

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hello Splunkers,

I have a token that gets values such as:
&A=153&B=223&C=555

I am sending this as part of the url in a drilldown to link to another page. When I get to the other page the "&" is replaced by its url encoded value (%26) same for the "="...

Any idea how I can make it pass through as an & to indicate another token value for the next page ?

EDIT: the CDATA for the link looks something like this:

<![CDATA[/app/<APP_NAME>/<DASHBOARD>?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$$token$]]>

Where the $token$ is &A=153&B=223&C=555

Regards,
David

1 Solution

rjthibod
Champion

If you are trying to pass those token values in a URL, you likely need to wrap them with the CDATA call.

<drilldown target="new">
         <link>
           <![CDATA[/app/<APP_NAME>/<DASHBOARD>?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$&A=153&B=223&C=555]]>
         </link>
 </drilldown>

Reference answer: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/124226/passing-selected-time-range-to-drilldown-in-simple-xml.htm...

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi DavidHourani,
Did you tried to put your token, in the secondary dashboard, between brackets (")?
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

nfilippi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are running v6.5+, there is a new token filter to "not encode" the token in whatever form it is in.

Just use: $token|n$

Try something like this then:

<drilldown target="new">
          <link>
            <![CDATA[/app/<APP_NAME>/<DASHBOARD>?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$$token|n$]]>
          </link>
  </drilldown>

sivaranjiniG
Path Finder

Thanks!! its working for me:)

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

If you are trying to pass those token values in a URL, you likely need to wrap them with the CDATA call.

<drilldown target="new">
         <link>
           <![CDATA[/app/<APP_NAME>/<DASHBOARD>?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$&A=153&B=223&C=555]]>
         </link>
 </drilldown>

Reference answer: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/124226/passing-selected-time-range-to-drilldown-in-simple-xml.htm...

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Ah i thought I wrote that i did ^^ will add that... My CDATA looks something like this :

<![CDATA[/app/<APP_NAME>/<DASHBOARD>?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$$token$]]>

Where the $token$ is &A=153&B=223&C=555

rjthibod
Champion

Ah, I see. Let me ponder a bit more.

rjthibod
Champion

What about using $token|u$ in the URL?

<![CDATA[/app/<APP_NAME>/<DASHBOARD>?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$$token|u$]]>

Reference: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/150424/documentation-of-token-filter-like-s-simple-xml.html

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

will try this tomorrow morning and give u a big like if it works lol

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

No problem. I misunderstand your votes from earlier to suggest that it worked.

Hopefully it does.

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

@DavidHourani: Any luck with the suggestion?

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

@DavidHourani any updates on this issue and what solution worked for you? If one of them did, please accept the answer that was successful.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

thank you !

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

Please click the "accept answer" link as well. That let's people know it worked for you.

Thanks.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

of course, ill accept the right answer ^^ still didnt get it ! 😄

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...