Dashboards & Visualizations

How to send a Splunk generated report via ftp or scp to an external dashboard server?

rlautman
Path Finder

We have a team that are creating a dashboard using a report generated by Splunk (they have their reasons for not using a Splunk dashboard before you ask!) and have asked for a report to be generated, stored on the local file system (or possibly a separate server) and then retrieved by their dashboard server either via ftp or scp.

Is there a method of doing this? Would it be simply an outputlookup command that creates a csv file on the server on which a script could run to push the report?

0 Karma

BP9906
Builder

You could create a script with the alert. Schedule the alert, then choose action as your script, and then your script simply takes the csv file name and copies it over. This way the script runs after the scheduled search runs (csv gets created).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...