Dashboards & Visualizations

How to roundoff the results to 2 decimal digits?

SG
Path Finder

HI,

I have a search query as below

index= **** | stats avg(upstream_response_time), p95(upstream_response_time), p99(upstream_response_time) by service

It gives me results as below...

SG_0-1647600836749.png

i wanted to roundoff the decimal values to 2 digits for all column values. I tried something like this but it didnt give me any results, Can you please help me how can i trim the results to 2 digits.

index= **** | eval upstream_response_times = round(upstream_response_time,2) | stats avg(upstream_response_times), p95(upstream_response_times), p99(upstream_response_times) by service

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index= **** 
| stats avg(upstream_response_time), p95(upstream_response_time), p99(upstream_response_time) by service
| foreach *upstream_response_time*
  [| eval "<<FIELD>>"=round('<<FIELD>>',2)]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index= **** 
| stats avg(upstream_response_time), p95(upstream_response_time), p99(upstream_response_time) by service
  [| eval "<<FIELD>>"=round('<<FIELD>>',2)]
0 Karma

SG
Path Finder

Thank a lot, Its working.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

SG
Path Finder

Tried the below ways, but the result is not trimmed to 2 digits

index= ****
| foreach "upstream_response_time"
  [| eval "upstream_response_time"=round('upstream_response_time',2)]

index= ****
  [| eval "upstream_response_time"=round('upstream_response_time',2)]
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

'<<FIELD>>'  was not used here by @ITWhisperer as a string to replace by you. It should have been pasted as is. It's a placeholder to be replaced during the search by the field name matched by foreach.

See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/SearchReference/Foreach

You might consider using fieldformat instead of eval but that can lead to some hard to spot inconsistencies if you plan to further process the fields down the pipeline.

0 Karma

SG
Path Finder

Even as is if i mention the field name also it is not rounding off the results.

SG_0-1647833902408.png

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In the eval statement, put the word

<<FIELD>>

as directed by @ITWhisperer and NOT what you have put. 

0 Karma

SG
Path Finder

HI,

I applied the same and it is working fine. Thanks!!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

SG
Path Finder

Even that is not helping me to roundoff the column values.

SG_0-1647837549630.png

I wanted to mention one more thing here, i.e, the values i am planning to search here are written to summary index from the original index.

Thanks,

SG

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try doing the foreach exactly as I suggested

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This time you omitted the asterisks around the partial field name.

Please see https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/SearchReference/Foreach for the description how foreach works.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...