Dashboards & Visualizations

How to restore deleted data in dashboard

kdanielsobrien
Explorer

I have just set up a dashboard with some data from .csv files.

It was working until I made the local host available via link and it seems like all my data got deleted.

I can still see the CSV files in the Dataset and their corresponding lookups.
When I index the data, it says no results found.

Is there any way to get the data back without adding it again?
I am using the free version so I don't want to use all of my 500 MB.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If it no longer shows with an All time search then somebody deleted it. If splunk did, then you should find evidence of it with this search:

index=_* bucketmover
0 Karma

kdanielsobrien
Explorer

What kind of information would I be looking for in the results?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The bucketmover process moves the buckets from hot -> warm (no problem there) and from warm -> cold (which in your case probably means deleted).

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Run this index=* in search bar and select All time in time range picker.

0 Karma

kdanielsobrien
Explorer

I've tried that and it still says no results... I re-added the data again and everything was working fine.... A few days later it happened again

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

well, that maybe because of the retention period. did you check what is the retention period for that index?

0 Karma

kdanielsobrien
Explorer

I didn't change/modify the retention period. Where would I find that information?

0 Karma

kdanielsobrien
Explorer

I should also mention the data is from 9 years ago.. Is the index retention period from the timestamp on the data or when it is uploaded to splunk?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...