Dashboards & Visualizations

How to "fill in" transaction gaps in timeline

spamphile
Engager

I'm trying to create a visualization of web service activity. I thought the timeline would be a good representation of when services are up and down. Unfortunately, the logs I have to work with ping services every 15 minutes. So every 15 minutes, there's a log that states: <serviceName> is up: true OR <serviceName> is up:false

I was able to implement this query and get something back (last 60 minutes):

index=application_activity up | transaction startswith="*true" endswith="*false" by service | table _time service duration

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 4.39.28 PM.png

But of course because of the 15 minute time interval, it has huge gaps. How can I have these gaps filled in as long it as true the service is up, and only have gaps show when it is false? I'm also open to another recommendation for a visualization.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...