Dashboards & Visualizations

How to put a filter box for all columns of a table?

nagar57
Communicator

I want to put a filter box for all columns in a table. I know I can put a text box for all columns separately but that is not a good option. I want to put a text box besides/down each column name where if I enter a value then all rows gets filtered on that particular value. The default value will be "*" for all text boxes.

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

TheFlash
Path Finder

I am not sure but try this put your text box where ever you want, you can do this is just by clicking edit>add input>textbox and drag that text box to the location you want and then in drill down option select manage tokens on this dashboard and select 'set' and 'click.value' and token name should be form.token_name .

here token_name is the token you are using for textbox input.

0 Karma

nagar57
Communicator

Putting 10 text boxes for 10 columns is not a good approach. What if the no. of columns are dynamic.  Your approach will not fit in as a solution to my usecase.

0 Karma

TheFlash
Path Finder

If you want dynamic columns then I think you have to write a JS script where you have to define a function which will read your number of column and add box accordingly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...