Dashboards & Visualizations

How to provide the upload option in a view to upload procedure documents in the Splunk app static folder?

rsathish47
Contributor

Hi All,

I have requirement where I need to provide the upload option in a view to upload the procedure documents in the Splunk app static folder. Can you please let me know how to achieve this? If you have an example, it would be great.

Thanks
sathish

0 Karma

lycollicott
Motivator

@rsathish47 did you come up with a solution for this?

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So, you can achieve this with an HTML Dashboard, and a custom endpoint. BE WARNED! This may open your system up to malicious users.

See the answer here for the custom endpoint: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/352862/how-to-call-a-python-script-from-an-html-view.html#answer-...

Basically, your endpoint has three functions, "upload" and "download" and "list". This endpoint will interact with the local filesystem to put, list, and retrieve documents. BE ALSO WARNED: This probably WILL NOT work with a CLUSTER!

Once you have some endpoints to use, create an HTML dashboard to do the JS calls using forms, and other standard HTML/CSS/JS things to interact with that endpoint.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To add static content to a Splunk app is more like an admin role activity (available from Manage Apps option in App menu/dropdown). Will only the Splunk admins be using this dashboard?

0 Karma

marina_rovira
Contributor

I think i'm not understanding the question. There is already an option to upload documents in splunk, but maybe that view is not as you want it to be? Can you explain it me more please?

Thanks!

0 Karma

rsathish47
Contributor

Hi Marina,
we have developing the dashboard in that depends upon value in the cell have to link the document which are resides in the static folder. As of now we have copied sample documents in the static folder, But we need to have option to upload the document to static folder.

let me if you need any further details.

0 Karma

gaurav_maniar
Builder

Hi @rsathish47 ,

Did you find any solution for file upload functionality?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...