Dashboards & Visualizations

How to pass token to dropdown panels when token is coming from another dashboard?

MeMilo09
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have two dashboards, dashboard 1 and dashboard 2. I have linked them. When clicking on host from a line chart from dashboard 1, dashboard 2 opens up and filters on the selected host from dashboard 1. So far, dashboard 2 shows the correct host on the multiselect input. The issue is that I somehow override the panels in dashboard 2 with those of dashboard 1.  It may be an issue with the token, since I have tok_host=$tok_host$ on both dashboard's 1 and 2, but I am not sure if that is causing the issue. Any advise is welcome.  Thanks in advance 

Dashboard 1
Input for multiselect:

<input type="multiselect" token="tok_host" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Select Server (Multi Select)</label>
      <search>
        <query> (index=test_*_idx) |fields + host | stats values(host) as host | mvexpand host | rename host as tok_host  </query>
      </search>
      <prefix>host IN (</prefix>
      <valuePrefix></valuePrefix>
      <valueSuffix></valueSuffix>
      <delimiter> , </delimiter>
      <suffix>)</suffix>
      <choice value="*">All</choice>
      <fieldForLabel>tok_host</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>tok_host</fieldForValue>
    </input>

Linking the dashboard code:

<drilldown>
          <link target="_blank">/app/XYZ_Sun_Sys/Dashboard2?form.tok_host=$click.name2$</link>
        </drilldown>
Dashboard 2
Multiselect input code:
 <input type="multiselect" token="tok_host" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Select Server</label>
      <search>
        <query>(index=text_idx)   |fields + host | stats values(host) as host | mvexpand host | rename host as tok_host</query>
        <earliest>$time_range.earliest$</earliest>
        <latest>$time_range.latest$</latest>
      </search>
      <fieldForLabel>Select Host</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>tok_host</fieldForValue>
      <choice value="*">All</choice>
      <delimiter> ,</delimiter>
      <default>*</default>
    </input>

Dashboard 2 code for panel 

</fieldset>
  <row>
  <panel depends="$tok_host$">
      <title> First Panel - $tok_host$  </title>
      <single>
        <title>Space Avail</title>
        <search>
          <query>index=testing_idx  host=$tok_host$  |timechart span=10min avg(Speed) as speed | eval change=_time</query>

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not clear what the multi-select in dashboard 2 is supposed to be doing (it doesn't appear to be correct e.g. fieldForLabel and delimiter (without the prefix and suffix?) - why are you not using the same dropdown code as dashboard 1?), or what you mean by panels from dashboard 1 overriding dashboard 2. The drilldown you have in dashboard 1 will set the selection for the multi-select in dashboard 2.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kumaranv
Path Finder

How to pass token to a glass table from a dashboard ?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This seems like a different question - please can you raise it as such and give some more detail about what you are trying to do.

0 Karma

kumaranv
Path Finder

I have a "Summary" glass table with "country" drop down and another "Country Detail" glass table with "country" drop down also. when drill down from "Summary" glass table to "Country Detail" glass table using "Link to custom URL" i want to pass country value and set it in "country" drop down of "Country Detail" glass table. I hope i made it clear. Thanks

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not clear what the multi-select in dashboard 2 is supposed to be doing (it doesn't appear to be correct e.g. fieldForLabel and delimiter (without the prefix and suffix?) - why are you not using the same dropdown code as dashboard 1?), or what you mean by panels from dashboard 1 overriding dashboard 2. The drilldown you have in dashboard 1 will set the selection for the multi-select in dashboard 2.

0 Karma

MeMilo09
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer I had the input forms match. Thank you for confirming my dashboard 1 code was correct, that was helpful. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...