Dashboards & Visualizations

How to pass multivalue tokens to other splunk dashboard URL

nmouli
Explorer

I have multi select token "product" have values A,B,C,D so on and had one pie chart displaying the status for each product value.
and, i'm using drill down to other dashboard when i click the pie chart it should pass the product token and then the dependent charts should get displayed there.

Now, if i select only one product then the drill down is working fine and all the charts are populating in other dashboard.
However, if i select multiple products A & B the drill down is working but product token is not taking the values separately.

My drill down link as follows:
"
dashboard?form.time.latest=$form.time.latest$&form.time.earliest=$form.time.earliest$&form.product=$form.product$&form.status_type=$click.value$
"

I think, need to mention form.product=$form.product$ twice since i'm selecting 2 values but i want to do it dynamically as should not change every time if i select 3 values or more..

Can someone please suggest how to achieve this? Thanks in Advance.

0 Karma

hallt3
Path Finder

it seems nobody else solved this one. I used a second token and some careful use of the delimiter field. Here's roughly what I did.

<input type="multiselect" token="my_tok">
  <fieldForLabel>Label</fieldForLabel>
  <fieldForValue>Value</fieldForValue>
  <search ref="my_search"></search>
  <choice value="*">All</choice>
  <valuePrefix>"</valuePrefix>
  <valueSuffix>"</valueSuffix>
  <delimiter>,</delimiter>

<change>
    <set token="myURLtok" delimiter="&amp;form.my_tok=">$value|u$</set>
  </change>

</input>

Then when specifying the URL:

< a href="myurl?form.my_tok=$myURLtok$&" < /a >

pinksqtuason
Explorer

Hello, I'd like to ask if did this work on you well? because I tried to use this method, however it is just passing only the first selected value.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

See this page, section on Define tokens for multiselect inputs

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/tokens

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...