Dashboards & Visualizations

How to only include an input token in search if it has a value

frbuser
Path Finder

I have a form dashboard that has several input fields. How do I only use a token if it has a value? Mean I may want to leave the input blank and not pass anything to the search. So the input is optional.

The reason is my results don't always include some fields in every log. So if pass * as the default and it ends up being field=* this will exclude logs which don't have the field present. How do I get around this?

I only want my search to become field=$input$ if the user actually filled out the input. Otherwise I want the entire line removed.

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use prefix element like below. Here token $input$ is set to field = value when user provides an input else it will be empty.

<form>
  <label>Test</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="true">
    </input>
    <input type="text" token="input">
      <label>Input text</label>
      <prefix>field = </prefix>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <table>
        <title>Test</title>
        <search>
          <query>index=INDEX $input$</query>
        </search>
        <option name="list.drilldown">none</option>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
 </form>
0 Karma

frbuser
Path Finder

@manjunathmeti That's AWESOME! It works for the "text" input type. How would you do the same for muli-select inputs?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...