Dashboards & Visualizations

How to match() End of Line in a token query?

pbarna
Explorer

Follow-on from my previous question .

I ended up using a slightly different solution involving  match for the case criteria. Since the query inputs are being provided by token values to a Splunk Studio dashboard, I would not be able to properly break up and quote each term of a multi-value text input. By using match, I can just tell users to use | as a separator instead and run a search like:

| eval state=case(match(foo, "^($foo_token$)$") AND match(bar, "^($bar_token$)$"), 1, NOT match(foo, "^($foo_token$)$") AND NOT match(bar, "^($bar_token$)$"), 2, 1=1, 0)

However, the table cannot run this search. Even if both foo and bar have input values, the table shows "Waiting for input."
If I escape the end-of-line match character like $$ or like \$, I see the same "Waiting for input."
If I use only:

| eval state=case(match(foo, "^($foo_token$)$"), 1, 1=1, 0)

The search runs and produces expected results, so it seems to be a problem with having 2 or more $s.

I want to search for whole-line values of fields only. How can I do this?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pbarna
Explorer

What I ended up doing as a workaround:

index="data"
| eval foo_state=if(match(foo, "^($foo_token$)$"), 1, 0)
| eval bar_state=if(match(bar, "^($bar_token$)$"), 1, 0)
| eval state=if(foo_state=1, if(bar_state=1, 1, 0), if(bar_state=0, 2, 0))

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pbarna
Explorer

What I ended up doing as a workaround:

index="data"
| eval foo_state=if(match(foo, "^($foo_token$)$"), 1, 0)
| eval bar_state=if(match(bar, "^($bar_token$)$"), 1, 0)
| eval state=if(foo_state=1, if(bar_state=1, 1, 0), if(bar_state=0, 2, 0))
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...