Dashboards & Visualizations

How to make sure hidden dashboard panels do not appear on exported PDF in simple xml?

cmerriman
Super Champion

Currently, I have this html piece in my dashboard to hide panels that people may or may not need to see:

<div id="slider1" class="splunk-view" data-require="app/custom_simplexml_extensions/components/slidepanel/slidepanelgroup" data-options="{&quot;items&quot;: [&quot;panel11&quot;]}"/>
    </html>

this code works well to hide my panel in the dashboard, and if i hit the 'print' button, however, when we use the 'export pdf' button, the hidden panel is still there.

is there any way, using this method or another, to hide panels not based on search results and keep the hidden panels out of the pdf?

1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

I did find a solution.

I created inputs:

<input type="checkbox" token="overview" searchWhenChanged="true">
    <label>Overview</label>
    <choice value="true">Show</choice>
    <change>
      <condition label="Show">
        <set token="overview">true</set>
      </condition>
    </change>
    <default>true</default>
  </input>

and then created a depends statement in my panel I wanted the ability to hide:

<panel depends="$overview$">
  <single>
    <search>

I don't think I need the portion, but I put it there for good measure. I had to do this multiple times to hide different panels (in the end I created maybe 5 inputs to hide 5 panels) because I can't figure out a way to create just one input that you can pick and choose the panels to hide.

View solution in original post

cmerriman
Super Champion

I did find a solution.

I created inputs:

<input type="checkbox" token="overview" searchWhenChanged="true">
    <label>Overview</label>
    <choice value="true">Show</choice>
    <change>
      <condition label="Show">
        <set token="overview">true</set>
      </condition>
    </change>
    <default>true</default>
  </input>

and then created a depends statement in my panel I wanted the ability to hide:

<panel depends="$overview$">
  <single>
    <search>

I don't think I need the portion, but I put it there for good measure. I had to do this multiple times to hide different panels (in the end I created maybe 5 inputs to hide 5 panels) because I can't figure out a way to create just one input that you can pick and choose the panels to hide.

SwatiApte
Path Finder

Hi,

Have you been able to fix this issue? I am facing a similar issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...