Dashboards & Visualizations

How to make a Splunk REST API call to an external website with basic authentication?

hemalalli
Explorer

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to do a REST API call from Splunk html(javascript) view using XMLHTTPREQUEST with basic authentication to get data from other domain URL. I have added cross domain policy as true in server.conf

Still I'm getting access denied 401 error only if I try from Splunk view

Could you please let me know if I'm missing anything to make Splunk do this external REST API call?

Thanks and Regards,
Hema

0 Karma
1 Solution

hemalalli
Explorer

The problem was because of "Authentication" text in the server Response header is not matching with the browser Request header, after changing the header text in server side, it started working, Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hemalalli
Explorer

The problem was because of "Authentication" text in the server Response header is not matching with the browser Request header, after changing the header text in server side, it started working, Thanks

0 Karma

hemalalli
Explorer

NOTE: The same get API call is working using CURL command from unix command prompt, seems like issue with chrome browser, please help to fix this issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...