Dashboards & Visualizations

How to join query for dashboard panels?

Splunk120379

I have two source , like source1 and source2 .
source1 has fields like, event, id, source1_total_time
source2 has fields like, id, source2_total_time

I am working on dashboard where first panel query is like ,

source=source1  |  stats count min(source1_total_time) as min_response_time,max(v) as max_response_time,avg(source1_total_time) as avg_response_time,perc95(source1_total_time) as perc95_response_time,range(source1_total_time) as range by  EVENT
| eval minimum=round(min_response_time, 0)." ms"
| eval average=round(avg_response_time, 0)." ms" 
| eval maximum=round(max_response_time, 0)." ms"
| eval perc95=round(perc95_response_time, 0)." ms"
| eval range=round(min_response_time, 0)." - ".round(min_response_time+range, 0)." ms" 
| sort - perc95_response_time
| fields - *_time

I am building second panel using event as drill down token as below,

<set token="eventid">$row.EVENT$</set>
</drilldown>

My second panel query is like ,

source=source1  EVENT="$eventid$" | join type=inner id [ search source=source2 ]   | eval TOTAL_TIME_TAKEN = tostring((source1_total_time - source2_total_time), "duration") | table EVENT  ID  source1_total_time, source2_total_time TOTAL_TIME_TAKEN _time

I am not getting the desired result with this. Here Expected is that, if the first panel gives 10 events count, when we click on that count second panel has to give me details about all that events with unique ids, event, the total time taken.

Could you please help me with this.

Thanks,

0 Karma

davidmills
Explorer

Hi, I'm looking to solve a similar join. Did you even find a resolution?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...