Dashboards & Visualizations

How to interplay multiple panels in a dashboard?

dorbi
Explorer

Hello

i have 2 charts created with Splunk search

a. pie chart showing all failed tasks names in a system

b. line chart showing the amount of failed task names by day in the past 30 days.

i want to be able to connect those 2 charts so when i click on a name of a chart in the pie chart the line chart will show this task name highlighted.

is that an option? if yes then how do i do that?

thanks in advanced

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dorbi,

I'm not sure that's possible to do the thing you requested, because with a click on a chart, you can have a drilldown in another panel, displaying a subset of data, not only highlight.

Anyway, see in the Splunk Dashboard Examples App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/), because it's described how to do an in-page drilldown.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

JacekF
Path Finder

I think you can achieve this functionality with tokens as you can set token value using the drilldown.

Here you can find example: Manage token values in the current dashboard - Splunk Documentation

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dorbi,

I'm not sure that's possible to do the thing you requested, because with a click on a chart, you can have a drilldown in another panel, displaying a subset of data, not only highlight.

Anyway, see in the Splunk Dashboard Examples App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/), because it's described how to do an in-page drilldown.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

dorbi
Explorer

thanks for your reply!

so just to ensure, there isn't a way to make an in-screen drill-down?

is it must take me to another page?

any way to make one chart affect another without opening a new page? (if they share the same data but different query)

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dorbi,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the contributors 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dorbi,

yes, you can do an in-page drilldown, see in the above app how to do it.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...