Dashboards & Visualizations

How to insert link to other dashboard in table visualization?

simon_b
Path Finder

Hi, I have got a table in a dashboard which shows some information. For every row of the table I want to include a column which shows a link to another dashboard. This link has to be different for every row (including the filters in the link like "?form.time_select.earliest=...").

I tried to do that using the $click.value2$ token in the drilldown "Link to custom URL" . The problem with that is, that the token gives back the value of the clicked field but some special characters from the clicked field value are converted to a different format (for example the character "?" is converted into "%3F").

Is there a solution to get the exact string value that is in the clicked field with the $click.value2$ token?

Or would there maybe be a better solution to solve my problem?

Thanks for the help!

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use $click.value|n$ to prevent the encoding from happening.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.3/Viz/tokens#Token_filters

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...