Dashboards & Visualizations

How to insert link to other dashboard in table visualization?

simon_b
Path Finder

Hi, I have got a table in a dashboard which shows some information. For every row of the table I want to include a column which shows a link to another dashboard. This link has to be different for every row (including the filters in the link like "?form.time_select.earliest=...").

I tried to do that using the $click.value2$ token in the drilldown "Link to custom URL" . The problem with that is, that the token gives back the value of the clicked field but some special characters from the clicked field value are converted to a different format (for example the character "?" is converted into "%3F").

Is there a solution to get the exact string value that is in the clicked field with the $click.value2$ token?

Or would there maybe be a better solution to solve my problem?

Thanks for the help!

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use $click.value|n$ to prevent the encoding from happening.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.3/Viz/tokens#Token_filters

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...