Dashboards & Visualizations

How to implement custom POST actions on a dashboard drill down?

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi,

I'm implementing some automations from Splunk to other tools, and I would like to create a drill down on one of my Splunk dashboards. I want it to perform a POST request to a custom API endpoint, sending the values of the clicked row as parameters.

Has anyone ever implemented custom POST actions on a dashboard drill down? Is is possible?

It would be something similar to the Workflow Actions, but I still didn't find a way to do this from a dashboard panel.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alonsocaio
Contributor

I have solved the automation needs using a GET action on the drilldown, pointing to a custom API endpoint that searches Splunk using its REST API. This way I can get the expected content that would be sent into the POST request body.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

I have solved the automation needs using a GET action on the drilldown, pointing to a custom API endpoint that searches Splunk using its REST API. This way I can get the expected content that would be sent into the POST request body.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@alonsocaio you can use Simple XML JS Extension for POST. Refer to KV Store implementation (you may not need to convert dashboard to HTML, this can be done through Simple XML JS extension directly). https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/tutorials/tutorialusekv/addarecord

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...