Dashboards & Visualizations

How to hide drilldown panel's from a Table Dashboard Panel

pragi_eashwar
Engager

I have used a text box to retrieve the results from a ".csv" file.
This input is passed as a token in a TABLE Dashboard panel to retrieve the results.
I did DrillDown to this table where one value is passed as token to Five Dashboard panels.
Now the requirement:
After i got all the results.
If am again going to give an Input in the Text Box, the Table Dashboard panel should only be VISIBLE and the other drilldown panels should be hidden.
Kindly advice the solution.
Thanks in Advance 🙂

0 Karma
1 Solution

NeerajDhapola7
Path Finder

I did same this with below logic , I hope this will help you to resolve your query.

<label>Graph Type</label>
    <choice value="a">User's Logins</choice>
    <choice value="b">Logins Counts</choice>
    <default>a</default>
    <change>
      <condition value="a">
        <set token="a-details">true</set>
        <unset token="b-details"></unset>
      </condition>
      <condition value="b">
        <unset token="a-details"></unset>
        <set token="b-details">true</set>
      </condition>
    </change>
  </input>

Panel 1:

Panel 2:

View solution in original post

0 Karma

NeerajDhapola7
Path Finder

I did same this with below logic , I hope this will help you to resolve your query.

<label>Graph Type</label>
    <choice value="a">User's Logins</choice>
    <choice value="b">Logins Counts</choice>
    <default>a</default>
    <change>
      <condition value="a">
        <set token="a-details">true</set>
        <unset token="b-details"></unset>
      </condition>
      <condition value="b">
        <unset token="a-details"></unset>
        <set token="b-details">true</set>
      </condition>
    </change>
  </input>

Panel 1:

Panel 2:

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

YOu basically need to use depends attribute on the drilldown panels which controls the visibility of the panels based on one or more token's (if they are set/have non-null values, panels will be shown, else hidden). You can define that token from the result of your Table Dashboard panel search, so that that is only available when you actually initiate the drilldown from the Table Dashboard panel. Something on this line:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.3/Viz/Understandbasictableandchartdrilldownactions#...

0 Karma

pragi_eashwar
Engager

I followed the same procedure and the drilldown worked fine. My requirement is after my whole drilldown result if am giving an input in the text box again my hidden dashboard panels are visible still.
When i give the input in the text box and the table is retrieved i need all the dashboard panels to be hidden and only the table to be visible

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Could you post the xml portion of your textbox and Table Dashboard panel?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...