Dashboards & Visualizations

How to get rid of other time sections in copied times.conf

RVDowning
Contributor

When using times.conf, after having copied it to my own .../apps/appname/local directory and having put "Disabled = True" in all the clauses I didn't want shown, I still get these other sections such as "Relative," "Real Time," "Date Range," etc.

The menu entries I have not disabled appear under the heading Presets. Also under Presets, in addition to the entries I did not disable, there is one entry that is grayed out called "Relative"

Any idea how to get rid of these other sections and the grayed-out "Relative" entry under Presets?

The xml for the dropdown portion is just as follows. (which may not display)

0 Karma

strive
Influencer

RVDowning
Contributor

Had no luck with the CSS.

I still have a copy of times.conf, but created directory appname/appserver/static and copied over application.css, removed all content and added li.customDateItem{display:none;}, restarted Splunk but see no difference.

0 Karma

RVDowning
Contributor

The sections I want to remove do not even appear in times.conf. These are subsection headings which can be clicked on and expanded to fill in form fields for date information.

And to answer your question, yes I have restarted Splunk, but since then I just do: http://machinename:8000/en-US/debug/refresh

0 Karma

strive
Influencer

Did you restart splunk after making your local copy of times.conf file.
Try deleting the entries that are not required and check.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...