Dashboards & Visualizations

How to get pie chart drilldown to show only the daily or only the nightly statistics?

tomapatan
Communicator

Hi Everyone,

I have 3 pie charts in a panel, showing agent statistics as follows:

- 1st pie chart displays overall statistics split by analyst;

- 2nd pie chart displays daily statistics split by analyst ( | where shift="Day")

- 3rd pie chart displays nightly statistics split by analyst ( | where shift="Night").

I've created a drilldown which works fine for the overall pie chart and it correctly displays the data in another panel based on the value of the slice.  To accomplish this I`ve created a token called "tokNames" and assigned an initial value of ALL *.

<init>
<set token="tokNames">*</set>
</init>

Drilldown for the Overall pie chart:

<drilldown>
<set token="tokNames">$click.value$</set>
</drilldown>

The problem starts with the daily and nightly pie charts - when I click on a name, it displays all the statistics of that particular agent, instead of showing only the daily or only the nightly statistics.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Toma.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tomapatan
Communicator

Hi All,

The solution was very simple, I had to create another static token="tokShift" and edit the drilldown as follows:

- for the overall pie chart: "tokShift"=*

- for the day pie chart: "tokShift"=Day

for the night pie chart: "tokShift"=Night

Also had to pass the token to the table panel: | search agent="$tokNames$" shift="$tokShift$"

Regards,

Toma

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tomapatan
Communicator

Hi All,

The solution was very simple, I had to create another static token="tokShift" and edit the drilldown as follows:

- for the overall pie chart: "tokShift"=*

- for the day pie chart: "tokShift"=Day

for the night pie chart: "tokShift"=Night

Also had to pass the token to the table panel: | search agent="$tokNames$" shift="$tokShift$"

Regards,

Toma

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @tomapatan 

from the code it should work fine

can you share the drilldown code to check furthur

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...