Dashboards & Visualizations

How to get not closed Incidents/Tasks/Changenumber's from servicenow index in splunk

lalitha
Engager

I written this query in order to pull not closed tasks from service now index. but its not working.

index="servicenow" sourcetype="snow:sc_task" AND sys_class_name="sc_task"
| fillnull "UnAssigned" dv_assigned_to
| stats latest(*) as * by dv_number
| search dv_state!="Closed Complete" AND dv_state!="Closed Incomplete"
| table sys_created_on, dv_number, dv_short_description, dv_state, dv_assigned_to
| rename dv_number as "Task Ticket#",dv_assigned_to as "Assigned To",dv_short_description as "Short Description"
| sort - sys_created_on, dv_number, dv_state
| fields - sys_created_on,dv_state

Could you please help me.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tscroggins
Influencer

@lalitha 

Did you apply @Gr0und_Z3r0's advice to your search? Your ServiceNow implementation may be adding whitespace to your display values, although that should be visible in the raw event data. You could try:

| search dv_state!="*Closed Complete*" dv_state!="*Closed Incomplete*"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Gr0und_Z3r0
Contributor

Hi @lalitha ,

Check for field values with leading/trailing spaces and try something like this to get your result.

| makeresults count=8 
| streamstats count 
| eval dv_number = case(count=1, 1023, count=2, 39, count=3, 31, count=4, 234,count=5,112,count=6,462,count=7,627,count=8, 998 ) 
| eval dv_assigned = case(count=1 OR count=3, "James", count=2 OR count=4, "Sam",count=5 OR count=7, "Morkel",count=6 ,null(), count=8, "Stacy") 
|fillnull  value="--Unassigned--" dv_assigned
| eval dv_state = case(count=1, "Closed Complete", count=3, "Pending", count=2 OR count=4, "Closed Incomplete",count=5 OR count=7, "Closed Skipped",count=6, "Work in Progress", count=8, "Open") 
| eval status = if(like(trim(dv_state),"Closed%"),"Closed", trim(dv_state)) 
| where status!="Closed"

Gr0und_Z3r0_1-1650351857754.png

0 Karma

lalitha
Engager

@tscroggins I executed above query. still i am getting closed tasks in my results.  I dont want to display any tasks that has already been closed. Could you please assist me.

index="servicenow" sourcetype="snow:sc_task" sys_class_name="sc_task"AND dv_assignment_group="NETWORK-L3" AND
(dv_assigned_to="XXXXXXXXXX" OR dv_assigned_to="XXXXXXXXXX" OR dv_assigned_to="XXXXXXXXXX" OR dv_assigned_to="XXXXXXXXXX") AND
(dv_short_description!="XXXXXXXXXX" OR dv_short_description!="XXXXXXXXXX")
| fillnull value="UnAssigned" dv_assigned_to
| search dv_state!="Closed Complete" dv_state!="Closed Incomplete"

0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@lalitha 

Did you apply @Gr0und_Z3r0's advice to your search? Your ServiceNow implementation may be adding whitespace to your display values, although that should be visible in the raw event data. You could try:

| search dv_state!="*Closed Complete*" dv_state!="*Closed Incomplete*"

0 Karma

lalitha
Engager

Thank you and much appreciated your solution.

Splunk-service-now add-on issue in our environment. Hence i couldn't able to implement recommendations.

0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@lalitha 

What values for dv_state to do you see after running this search?

index="servicenow" sourcetype="snow:sc_task" AND sys_class_name="sc_task"
| stats count by dv_state
0 Karma

lalitha
Engager

Below values are the values i am getting.

Closed Complete
Closed Incomplete
Closed Skipped
Open
Pending
Work in Progress

0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@lalitha 

Doe this search return results?

index="servicenow" sourcetype="snow:sc_task" sys_class_name="sc_task"
| search dv_state!="Closed Complete" dv_state!="Closed Incomplete"

For ServiceNow data, also recall most inputs use the sys_updated_on column for timestamp extraction. Changes to ServiceNow tables that occur in between input intervals will be missed by the input. If a task was last updated outside your search's time range, it won't be visible in your results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...