Dashboards & Visualizations

How to enable a new tab opening from within a dashboard?

dannyzen
Explorer

I would like to know if anyone has found a way that works best for them to enable a new tab opening from within a dashboard?
I have a working dashboard and would like to enable searches to open in a new tab, similarly to GET or POST requests within Workflow actions, instead of what I have right now which is 'Open in Search' and it proceeds to go to Splunk search in the same tab/window.
Is this a link target I would have to set up with eval tokens or what would be a good way to set it up?

Thank You

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@dannyzen, all three Workflow Actions i.e. GET, POST and Search support opening result in new window. Click on the links to open Examples in Splunk Documentation which provide screenshot with Open Link in New Window and Search in New Window options as per the corresponding Workflow action.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

scott_sackrider
Explorer

Almost:::. need an underscore before "blank"

Michael
Contributor

to actually answer your question, and not give an RTFM answer:

use the target="blank" tag like this:

<a href="https://server:8000/en-US/app/search/search" target="blank"> <b>Search screen</b>
</a>

niketn
Legend

@dannyzen, all three Workflow Actions i.e. GET, POST and Search support opening result in new window. Click on the links to open Examples in Splunk Documentation which provide screenshot with Open Link in New Window and Search in New Window options as per the corresponding Workflow action.

adonio
Ultra Champion

how about some drilldowns?
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/Viz/DrilldownIntro
so much to read and so much to do

dannyzen
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...